Activity Centre Planning
Is your activity centre as attractive and accessible as it can be? Does the amount of activity and space constraints lead to congestion? Could your activity centre be more economically viable and resilient?
Phillip Boyle & Associates works with clients in all aspects of land use and transport integration to create healthy urban and regional environments. Our goal is to enhance the attractiveness and accessibility of Major Activity Centres, so that more people use these spaces more often and local economies are more resilient.
We devise solutions that are cost-effective, practical and easily implemented. Our smart design of transport networks and their integration with the public realm has resulted in significant improvements in centre productivity.
We have the knowledge and capability to manage all stages of activity centre planning. Our experience includes key planning and technical roles for government in Australia and overseas, in urban and regional settings. Our clients include:
- State government departments and agencies (e.g. Victorian Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure, Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads)
- Local governments (e.g. City of Melbourne, City of Dandenong, City of Auckland).
Our activity centre planning services include:
- Evaluating existing conditions and providing baseline information
- Researching and analysing demographic data
- Conducting in-centre surveys to understand customer views, spend, demographics and mode choice
- Consulting communities and stakeholders using a range of workshop techniques (e.g. the nominal group technique, analytical hierarchy process and investment logic mapping)
- Estimating demand and changes in demand based on specific policy-lever changes
- Developing car parking management strategies
- Devising pedestrian strategies to maximise economic activity
- Conducting studies on transit interchange location and design
- Developing options and option assessments
- Planning for implementation.